Monday, July 2

Character Interview - Gregor - Day 1



Look who I stumbled upon this weekend...Gregor MacLachlan from Highland Nights.

DG: Good morning, Gregor. Thank you so much for coming for this interview. I would have had you in sooner, but you're a hard man to get a hold of.

Gregor: And a good morn, to you, Donna. 'Tis my pleasure.

DG: I started these interviews well after your book came out, but I've had so many requests to interview you I couldn't pass it up. Tell me a little of about you.

Gregor: I grew up the son of a laird. I didn't see to my duties and I was banished.

DG: ::sighs:: I'm sure there was more to it than that, Gregor. Being banished from a clan isn't done lightly.

Gregor: Nonetheless, it was done. I made my way in the world as a mercenary. I was good at what I did, so good that my sword was often in demand.

DG: Being a mercenary isn't a nice business.

Gregor: One does what one must to eat. I'm not proud of it.

DG: Being as good of a mercenary as you are, that's what led MacNeil to hire you?

Gregor: ::snorts:: MacNeil is a worm that thinks he has more power than he does. He pays most of the men around him to stand as his soldiers. Where he gets the coin, I have no idea, but he pays very well.

DG: Did you go to MacNeil on your own?

Gregor: Nay. He sent for me. I was intrigued at his offer and the amount of coin he agreed to pay.

DG: And once you met Conall?

Gregor: Conall saved my life, and as a rule that changes things. Yet, I made a vow when I agreed to MacNeil's terms.

DG: Was part of your job leaving with Conall from MacNeil's castle?

Gregor: ::hesitates:: Nay. I saw an opportunity and I took it.

DG: When did you realize Conall was a good man?

Gregor: ::takes a deep breath:: Almost immediately.



To be entered into the blog contest, reply to the blog as many times as you want. The more you respond, the more times you'll be entered. This month, I'll be giving away some great books.

  • A Thief in a Kilt by Sandy Blair

  • Shadow of the Moon by Rebecca York

  • Master of Seduction by Kinley MacGregor

  • Secrets Volume 3


  • I'll draw a winner on Friday. As always, I love getting questions from you for the interview.

    5 comments:

    Rita said...

    OMG this is so cool, especially as I've got this book in PDF format but have placed an order for the print version ;o) Thx Donna

    Well Gregor, I want to know why you love the colour green

    Cherie J said...

    I would like to know what kind of woman it would take to tame you Gregor? If I weren't already happily married I would volunteer. :-)

    CrystalGB said...

    Great interview.
    I would like to know of all the things that Gregor has done as a mercenary what does he regret the most? What is the worst thing that he has done as a mercenary? Does he miss his family?

    Donna Grant said...

    lol. great questions. :)

    pearl said...

    This is so deep and fabulous. loved this line of interview.