Thursday, April 12

I'm Donna and I'm A Cover Junkie

I've had to break out the chocolate to tempt the cover artists. I think it might have worked since I was told they were "trying" to get my cover out to me by the end of April.

Whoohoo!!

I'm a cover junkie. Kinda sounds like AA, huh? But its true. I love getting my covers, and I've been pretty fortunate so far that I haven't had one that made me cry. NCP is also great because they allow the authors to work closely with the artists to get the best feel of the book for the covers. If you can't tell by my covers, I have a thing about seeing the hero's face.

Call me weird, but I can't tell you how many times I've picked up a book and thought "wow, I really like the cover with this hot guy on the cover, but I wish his face would go away". Guys can have really great bodies, but their faces lack...well, they just lack the umph needed, IMO.

Of course, you have the guys that I'll drool over and others are like "what's the big deal? He's not all that". Which is the other reason I don't want the face on my covers.

The cover I'm supposed to get next is Highland Fires, the fourth book in the Druid's Glen series. It should closely match the first three.

Same with the third book in the Shield series, it should also match the other two in the series.

But the one I'm dying to see is the next novella in my Royal Chronicles series. I asked for something completely different than any of my other covers. I didn't have a say with the first novella since it went in the Phoenix Rising II anthology, so I thought long and hard on this cover.

NCP's cover artists are phenomenal, so I have no doubt the final product will be spectacular. I just hate that I have to wait so dang long. :(

No comments: